To identify, develop and support learners from Grade 8 through to employability in ICT through an ICT focused education programme and allied support process.
- To improve the quality of passes of disadvantaged high school ( Gr- 8-12) selected learners by offering supplementary tuition in Maths, Science & English on Saturdays and during school holidays.
- To support learners in a controlled environment in MST through the Telkom ICT Academy.
- To stimulate learner interest in ICT and in pursuing ICT related careers.
- To facilitate access and provide holistic support to learners to post-school education and training with a specific focus in ICT.
- To facilitate access to the ICT market, through identification of placement opportunities.
3 Phased Strategy
1. High Scool
Integrated High School learner. Supplementary Math, Science and English and psycho social support.
2. Post Schooling
Comprehensive wrap around post schooling learner support. Provide workplace exposure and guidance re navigating post school pathways.
Placements through learnerships, internships and Enterprise Development.
Schools in disadvantaged communities
|2017: 5 schools, 935 Grade 8 learners in Gauteng
|2017 – 2022: Approximately 3000 Grade 8-12 learners, Gauteng and Eastern Cape
|2022 - onwards: Scalable education solution for national implementation
Our Multifaceted Approach
Addressing barriers to learning:
- Lack of food
- Safety & security
- Children affected and infected by HIV/AIDS
Developing attitudes and attributes
for future success:
- Cognitive development
- Linguistic skills
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving and collaborative-based learning
- Psycho-social development
- Cultivating grit and resilience
- Peer support
Adding value to teaching:
- Enhancing pedagogical knowledge
- Introducing a consistent systematic approach
- In-depth change management training and ICT integration training
- Laptops for educators
- Connectivity for teachers
- 100Gig at 35mps bandwidth
Monitoring and evaluation: Clear metrics for measurement
- Department: Basic Education
- Department: Education Gauteng Province